Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Moab Utah Plein Air

'Red Cliffs View' 8x10 pastel
I am back home after a wonderful trip to the Southwest. We saw so much beautiful scenery and had many adventures. I didn't have any time to paint...I was much to busy taking photos...I have about 3000 photos! The last place we stayed I finally had a chance to take out my pastels which, by the way travelled perfectly in my homemade cigar box. We stayed at the Red Cliffs Lodge in Moab Utah (I highly recommend this place!) We had the most awesome view of the red cliffs and the Colorado River from our patio. I quickly painted 5 paintings in about 2 hours...it was 105 degrees!! This one is my favorite of the bunch. I really can't wait to start painting again...but I somehow hurt my elbow on the trip and so really I should let it rest so I don't make it worse...we'll see how good I will be!

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

Karen, I loved "going" on your trip, too. This is a lovely plein air. Looking forward to all your southwest paintings.

Take care of the elbow.

Jo