Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, July 01, 2007

On John Wayne's Trail

'On John Wayne's Trail' 12x16 pastel
Here is a painting I did from my SW trip photos. This is in Moab, Utah on a horse trail across from the Red Cliffs Lodge. We went on a half day horseback ride and the wrangler told us that we were riding on the same trail that John Wayne used for one of his Westerns...can't remember which one! I enjoyed using my Great American Southwest pastels for this painting. I just got back from the North Carolina mountains and I think I have some good photos to paint from...hopefully I'll have some time this week. We decided to remodel the bathroom so I have started a big project!

1 comment:

Donna said...

Oh, Karen! This is drop dead gorgeous. I love everything about it. Well done! I'm glad you enjoyed your trip so much.