Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

Appalachian Wildflowers

'Appalachian Wildflowers' 8x10 pastel

To see a World in a Grain of Sand And a Heaven in a Wild Flower, Hold Infinity in the Palm of your Hand And Eternity in an Hour.
--William Blake

This weekend Jayne and I wandered the backroads of Western North Carolina and somehow ended up at the John Campbell Folk School. There was a wonderful field of wildflowers and we lost ourselves while taking many pictures of the flowers. This is my first painting of the field. I am planning more since I really enjoy painting the wildflowers. I'd love to do this scene really large! GREAT NEWS Update......I just had two paintings accepted into a juried show 'Seasons' that will be held at the Johnson Ferry Baptist Church in Marietta, GA. If you are in the area on August 15, 7:30 PM...I'd love to see you at the opening reception!

1 comment:

Rhonda Hurwitz said...

lovely colors, nice and loose! great work