Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Class Assignment:Abstracts

I will not be defeated by abstracts! In class last night we painted an abstract and it wasn't very successful for me. We had to bring old paintings to cut up and rearrange into an abstract design that we then were to paint. Well....I forgot my easel so I was at a disadvantage. The paintings I brought were blah to begin with so they didn't make for interesting designs. After a frustrating hour I turned them over and did my design using the backside of the paper! This is the result. It is big...18 x24. I didn't want to waste a perfectly good piece of paper so I turned my abstract into a dune scene! More to follow....And I wish I had more time to really try to do more abstracts because I would like to learn how!

No comments: