Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, September 01, 2007

Seagull on the Beach

'The Beach Friend' 9x12 pastel
Thank you to my friend Carol for the wonderful sea gull photo I used for this painting. I love to paint the gulls and when I saw her photo I knew I wanted to paint this guy. Hopefully I will get out and paint with Jayne tomorrow. We both want some more plein air practice and I want to try out my new cart. I am hoping it might work to haul my stuff on my Creighton Island trip this Fall. I'll plan to post some photos of my set up tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love these animal paintings! In this painting you have managed to paint the soft light as well as in Seagulls overhead. I really like that softness!

BTW, thank you for the hint about Wetcanvas. I registered and even posted a sketch there! And that gatorboard... I tried that but the underpainting didn`t work out, it was a mess :) I did something wrong, I have to try again and pay more attention to it.

Your blog has inspired me a lot! Thanks for it :)

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy seeing your gull paintings!