Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, October 13, 2007

Low Country Live Oak Tree

'Southern Beauty' 16x20 pastel
Our Creighton Island paintng trip is getting close and I wanted to try some moss covered oak trees for practice. I had a piece of Canson board in burgandy that I though I might as well use. I am not a big fan of canson paper but I thought maybe the thicker board would be better....well I was wrong! It was the wrong side of the paper (which is actually what canson considers to be the right side) So I fought with all those dimples the whole time. If you enlarge the photo you can see the texture of the paper. I'd like to try another tree on a different surface. I spent the day today getting the rest of my trip supplies..a new sleeping bag and lantern and some fleece paints. I want to be ready for all kinds of weather!

No comments: