Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, October 04, 2007

North Carolina Country Landscape

'In the Summer Fields' 10x10 pastel
I took the reference photo for this painting up near my parent's home in Murphy North Carolina. I loved the old barn nestled in the field of Queen Anne's Lace. I painted this while listening to a Django Reinhardt CD. Ever since Jayne had one playing in her car when we were in the North Georgia Mountains, I associate his music with the countryside! Isn't it funny how music can do that?

2 comments:

CAROL cmcpaints@aol.com said...

I REALLY like this one. Nice colors...especially in the wood of the barn and in the old roof.

Karen said...

Thanks Carol. It's a challenge to do such a green painting but that's what it is like in the summer up in the mountains!