Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Daddy Bluebird

'Daddy Duty' 5x7 pastel
Jayne's Bluebirds have babies again this year and 'Daddy Boo' is back on duty! This is actually painted from a photo I took last spring. Jayne feeds the bluebirds live meal worms and the male actually signals to her when he wants his worms. He is such a good daddy that he comes back several times to feed the babies before taking some for himself. I need to get over to Jayne's yard with my camera....she said it is just filled with birds!

2 comments:

Abbe Nelson said...

Karen, I am in awe of your bird. You really should do more, you really captured it.

I am of course inspired to try a bird today.

:o)

Karen said...

Thanks Abbe,
I haven't painted a bird in awhile and I miss it. Seagulls are my favorite to paint! I'll be looking for your bird
karen