Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Little Boy with Train

'Little Boy with Train' 8x10 pastel
This week at my pastel class we were working on painting people. I have rarely painted people so this is still a new experience for me. I had to brush out sections a few times and it doesn't really resemble my subject....but it was good practice measuring and making corrections. It would be nice to be more comfortable with the figure so I can add them into my paintings.

3 comments:

Miki Willa said...

I am still fearful of doing the figure in my paintings. My hat is off to you. I was so excited that I put "cow" shapes into my last painting in the distance. This is definitely something I will have to work on.

Susan's Scribbles said...

It's still a beautiful painting. Anyone with a child will recognize the concentration and fun that the child is having. Well done.

Karen said...

Hi Miki! It is good sometimes to have a teacher assign you to do something...I probably would keep avoiding it otherwise!

Susan,
Thank you!! I appreciate your comments!