Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, November 08, 2008

The Aspen Grove

'The Aspen Grove' 16x20 pastel
I wish aspens grew here in North Georgia. They are my favorite trees and I have painted them in every season. After painting several small trees I thought it would be fun to go larger. For this painting I wasn't completely pleased with my first attempt. The trees were just too warm looking for this overcast day. So out came my can of fixative and I sprayed the trees and came back over them with more pastel. I like the texture I was able to get from the fixative.
If you live in the Atlanta area, mark your calendars for our second annual Open Studio Sale. It will be held this year at my studio on Saturday December 6th. My friends and I will have original art in all sizes, subjects and price ranges. Original art makes a great gift for friends and family!

No comments: