Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, November 06, 2008

Highway Trees


'Highway Trees I & II' 5x7 pastel
I had one of those days when nothing seemed to be working. I was in the mood to paint some Fall trees and chose a photo I took of trees on a hillside I saw on a recent road trip. I just wasn't happy with my results. The trees were just too fussy looking. I put it aside and decided to paint a mini with the pastels I had used for the painting. Well I liked the way the little painting came out...loose and fun. So I went back to my bigger painting and wiped out and repainted the trees. I liked them better but still something was bothering me. It was the composition now. I really had two paintings. So I cut them into two 5x7's and called it a day! Whew!

No comments: