2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The Forest in Spring

'The Forest in Spring' 8x10 pastel
It is funny what I end up painting when I can paint whatever I want. I flip through my reference photos and pull out the ones that strike me. Yesterday it was apples and today it was this forest scene. I have had this photo for a few years now but it just hit me today for some reason. This is painted on Pastelbord. I tried to do a watercolor underpainting but for some reason the water just beaded up. So I did an alcohol wash instead. That worked out better.

2 comments:

Susannah said...

Oh My. This just stunned me. The beauty is mesmerizing. I love it.

Karen said...

Thanks Susannah. I am trying to be loose and bold and paint from some not so great reference photos.