Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, April 02, 2009

Early Spring in Georgia

'Georgia Spring' 8x10 pastel
Yes this is a Spring painting even though it may look like it's Autumn. It's a funny thing but the colors in early Spring can be very Fall -like.....coppers and peaches and yellows. This is from a photo a friend took on our very first VIP trip to Providence Canyon a few years ago. Thanks Holly! I'm getting my supplies ready for a weekend at the Blue Ridge Georgia Paint-out. I have never done a plein air paint-out and I am really looking forward to it!

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Lovely painting. Ah, enjoy the paint out. It is fun and a great way to enjoy painting.

Sell Art said...

I think you have captured that early spring light really well.

Jala Pfaff said...

What a beautiful painting, the light, the warmth.