Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, May 01, 2009

Close Up of Queen Anne's Lace

'Closer In' 10x8 pastel
The Pastel Journal has a feature called 'Creative Spark' which presents a challenge to artists to help jump start their paintings. This month's challenge is by Jimmy Wright who paints the most wonderful sunflowers! His challenge was to take one of your paintings and use it to create a new paintng that will be able to stand on it's own. What a fun idea! So I took my painting 'After the Storm' and decided to move in closer and focus on just a few of the flowers....a real 'bug's eye view! This was a great challenge and I will be doing it again!

2 comments:

LisaMDSkinner said...

Hi Karen, I happened upon your sight and found this beauty of a piece...I love the exciting colors just dancing off the queen anne's lace...beautiful ! I grew up in Maine, and this was one of my favorite flowers... I am an oil painter and pastels have always frustrated me, so I appreciate what you are able to create with this medium. I also live in Atlanta, GA area, and hope to see your painting at the exibition this month. Thanks for posting the info about that. Blessings, Lisa

Karen said...

Thank you very much Lisa! I do hope you get to see the painitng and I do have an open studio every Fall so maybe you'll come by!