Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Nantucket Daisies

'Daisies by the Sea' 8x10 pastel
I am leaving in the morning on a trip to Nantucket Island. Last year while doing my family tree I discovered a cousin I never knew who lived on Nantucket. Actually I discovered I had roots all the way back to Tristram Coffin one of the founders of Nantucket but that's a long story! We went last summer to meet my cousin and had such a wonderful time that we are going back. This time my parents are coming so I am very excited. I am bringing a sketchbook but no pastels and of course my camera. I will try to post while I am away but if not, please come back next week....actually July 22 is my blog's 4th anniversary and I just might have a surprise!

2 comments:

Jeffrey J. Boron said...

It is the perspective you often use that I find so enchanting in your work. Another beauty here Karen!!

Jeffrey

Kristin said...

I love your pastel paintings - they're simply stunning. You inspired me to pick up soft pastels myself, and I prefer them infinitely to oil pastels.