Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

Autumn at Crow Creek

'Autumn at Crow Creek' 11 x14 pastel
Another marsh painting for today. This is from last Fall when my friends and I took a road trip up the Atlantic coast....or at least part of it. There's an idea vips....we need to do the entire coast! Or how about the west coast too! I am a wanderer at heart I guess. I am always planning or thinking about another trip. That's how my blog got it's name! So what trips are coming up? First I am off to Chicago with family to visit my son. He is a senior this year at the School of the Art Institute of Chicago (SAIC). Then in November the vips head to Charleston for a mentoring workshop with Stan Sperlak. A cruise on the Celebrity Solstice in February for my husband and me to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary! Possibly back to Nantucket in June and for July...a grand adventure! I am going to Wyoming with 9 of my artist friends. We are staying at the Moulton Ranch cabins. They are located on Mormon Row at the foot of the Grand Tetons. And finally I am on the waiting lists for a Richard McKinley workshop for the fall of 2010. I think that schedule will keep me busy! whew.


2 comments:

Linda Schweitzer said...

Beautiful painting, Karen!

Karen said...

Thank you very much Linda. It went through a lot of changes but I am pleased with how it ended up!