Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, August 02, 2009

High Country Demo Painting

'Tree on the Hill' 10x8 pastel
Yesterday I had the opportunity to demo at High Country Art Gallery in Blue Ridge. I had a great time painting at the gallery and talking with the visitors. I finished three wildflower paintings and this was my last one. My friends and I also attended Marsha Savage's show opening. It was an impressive show of her beautiful work and a great turnout as well. I have my eye on one of her Grand Canyon paintings!
I am about to undertake a major project. My pastel box is a total mess and is due for a clean out and reorganization. I know I will feel much better once it is done but Oh how I am dreading the mess!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really like the way that you use the foreground and background in this piece. The tree is compelling, and the little orange-y flowers are wonderful bright spots.

Good luck cleaning everything out. I can't imagine what it will be like since I work mostly wet media but I do know what a big job cleaning out my studio can be!