Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, September 05, 2009

More Poppies!

'Early Morning Poppies II' 5x7 pastel
This is the second poppy painting I finished yesterday. It is the same field as yesterday's close-up painting. I used my Richard McKinley Great American set for both with a bit of Terry Ludwig's dark reds. I am really enjoy this set and I am contemplating trying the Lorenzo Chavez set. Today I painted in Blue Ridge at the gallery (High Country Art & Antiques) I am under the weather today with a cold but I still had fun painting and talking to some nice folks about pastels. I even sold two paintings while I was there so it was a great day despite my cold. I painted three small paintings and will post them this week sometime.

No comments: