Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, September 04, 2009

Poppies 7x5 pastel

'Early Morning Poppies' 7x5 pastel
I've been wanting to paint these poppies. I took photos of this field up in Murphy, NC this past June. We had taken the Miata on a drive of the Tail of the Dragon...a crazy mountain road. I had to stop for a photo break when we came across this patch of wildflowers growing by the side of the road. I painted another 5x7 view of the field which I'll post tomorrow. They look nice as a pair! If anyone is in the Blue Ridge Georgia area this weekend, I will be painting at High Country Art & Antiques on Saturday starting at noon. Stop by and say hello!

3 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

I always love your poppies. Red is so exciting. Thanks.

Karen said...

Thanks Jo. I hadn't painted them in awhile so this was a nice change for me.

Anonymous said...

I love the hit of yellow-y orange on the tips of your poppies.