Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Taos New Mexico Plein Air Painting

'Storm over Taos' 5x7 pastel
Today's painting is a plein air piece I did on my trip to New Mexico last spring. I found it while doing some studio cleaning. No painting this weekend since I was redoing my office area. What a mess! I have 20 years of accumulated papers and stuff I don't need. When I am finished, it is going to feel great! I still have a lot of organizing to do but I know I will be itching to paint this week so stay tuned!

2 comments:

Sharon Lewis said...

Wow! I love the colors in this and also how the composition seems simple and yet I can see so much in it.

Karen said...

Thanks Sharon. The colors really did seem this intense. Glad you like it!