Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Poppy Field Demo Painting

'A Summer Walk' 8x10 pastel
I had a fantastic weekend! On Saturday I had two private lessons...both students new to pastels. I just love sharing my passion with those just getting started. I set up my studio for the students to give them a tour of pastels.... I introduced them to the tools of the trade and they got to 'test drive' different brands of pastels and papers and learn some basic techniques. My afternoon student is interested in landscapes so with this demo I showed him one way to start a painting.....there is so much more!!!
Today was our annual 'Un-Christmas ' party for my group of art friends and we finally chose a name for the group. From now on we will be known as the 'Art Spirits'. I think it is a good fit. We had a great time catching up, sharing paintings and of course eating and having wine. Thank you Jayne & Holly for all of your hard work in organizing the party and on the special tribute book for Marsha! All of the Art Spirits are the best!

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

what a gorgeous piece....just lovely!