Sunday, March 28, 2010

Acrylic Poppy Paintings Wall Hangings


I have been playing with acrylics on tar paper this week. The top wall hanging is 4x4 inches and the bottom poppies measure 8x8 inches. To make the poppies, I tore the shape from the tar paper and painted them with acrylics. They are then glued to the background piece of tar paper. I used a twig and copper wire for the hanger. These were so much fun to do and I have more ideas I am working on. Now that I no longer have daycare in my home, my studio has been greatly expanded. I am able to have a table set up for projects like this one and still have room for all of my pastel supplies. It is wonderful!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

So very creative, Karen! Brilliant colors and loud textures: love this!

Karen said...

Thanks Cindy! These are so much fun to do.

Joe watt said...

Really nice work.