Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Toccoa River Up Close and Personal


For today's painting I decided to paint a close up view of the Toccoa river, focusing on some rocks and a bit of rushing water. I chose to paint a long and narrow format (6x18) I did a watercolor underpainting on White Wallis paper. This painting had lots of elements to think about...shallow stream bed, wet and submerged rocks, rushing whitewater...so it was a great learning experience.

3 comments:

Elaine said...

This painting is really beautiful. I love the way you have painted the water - there is real movement there.

Karen said...

Than you Elaine. It was fun to paint!

Jala Pfaff said...

Love the format, how it works with this great painting.