Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, March 22, 2010

Two New Demo Paintings...Marsh & Water


Here are my two paint-along demo paintings from our water workshop. We really needed more time for everyone to finish two paintings so I ended up finishing the rocks at the end of class....hopefully everyone will finish theirs for homework! If you were at the class you will notice that I really made some changes to the top painting. The photo was very dull and I had two bright green bushes in the front. Today when I looked at the painting, it told me it wanted to be more exciting. (yes it really did tell me that!) So, out went the bushes and then I sprayed it with fixative and built up several layers of marsh grasses. That was fun! The top painting is 8x10 and the bottom is 5x5.
I have been painting acrylics all day and can't wait to share what I am up to!!

No comments: