Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, May 08, 2010

Plein Air Peony

'Spring Glory' 8x10 pastel
I couldn't resist painting this gorgeous peony bloom. It was late afternoon and I had already painted 5 paintings at the paint-out but this flower was right across from a bench in the shade. It was the perfect way to end the day. I did an alcohol wash on Uart paper. I was happy with my set up this time. I used my Easy-L easel and a small box of misc. pastels. I was able to attach the box to the easel with a bungee cord. I didn't think to take a photo. Next time I go out I will try to get some pictures. I am going to St. George Island this week but I am just bringing my small Judson easel. This will be a test of this bare minimum set-up for my July trip out west.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $125 USD
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Jo Castillo said...

This is just beautiful. Love the "white".