Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Big Osprey Painting!

'Catch of the Day' 18x24 pastel
This happens to be one of my personal favorite paintings. I painted it a few years ago from my own photo....yes I was this close to the osprey. It was on Sanibel Island where osprey seem to be a common as gulls. You can watch them dive and catch fish all day long. Usually they would take them to nearby trees to eat but this one decided to land right at the water's edge to eat his fish while a crowd watched. He really didn't seem at all bothered by the interest. It was amazing to see my very favorite bird up close and personal.
If I had room, I would frame and keep this painting but I really would love for it to go to a good home so it is part of my June sale for $235. Let me know if you are interested. kemstudios@yahoo.com

No comments: