Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, July 06, 2010

Secret Garden...Nantucket Hydrangeas

'Secret Garden' 8x10 pastel
The hydrangeas have been beautiful this year. Even my poor neglected backyard bushes have done well. But the most wonderful hydrangeas were the ones I saw last July on Nantucket Island. They were everywhere! I couldn't walk down the street without snapping photos of the wonderful gardens. I finally had a chance to paint them. This pastel is 8x10 on Uart paper with an alcohol wash underpainting. I also used two of my Terry Ludwig confetti pastels, one was blue and one was purple. I had fun with this!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $145 USD
Or, send me an email

6 comments:

Roxanne Steed said...

The hydrangeas HAVE been spectacular this year! These are gorgeous!

Katie Wilson said...

This is so beautifully rendered, It appears effortlessly rendered. It has a nice soft touch.

Paula Ann Ford said...

I am a sucker for hydrangeas, especially when they are in a gorgeous painting as yours Karen!! FABULOUS!!

Karen said...

Thank you Roxanne! I appreciate your comment!

Karen said...

Thank you Katie, I think the underpainting is what helped this one!

Karen said...

Thank you very much Paule. I am so glad you like it!