Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Colorado Wildflowers 8x10 pastel

'Summer Hillside' 8x10 pastel
Here is my first painting done from my trip reference photos. On the long drive home we talked about what image we would choose to paint first. Holly had several paintings in mind and Jayne knew what she wanted to try first but I really had no idea. There were so many images that called to me. Today I went through my photos and chose the first 6 that spoke to me. I have two larger paintings started with some watercolor underpaintings and while I waited for them to dry I painted this hillside of wildflowers. This is a scene from the jeep ride we took to Yankee Boy Basin in Ouray Colorado. It was a spectacular drive and I have many many paintings in mind from just this little drive up into the mountains.

On another note, I did work out the details and will be attending the PSA Exhibition in New York City. I had a voucher for free roundtrip flight that is expiring so I put it to good use! Now to get my painting ready to ship to the show!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $145 USD
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

This is just gorgeous!! You have a great sense of color and composition.

I love it.