Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, August 12, 2010

Where the Buffalo Roam...Plein Air in Jackson Hole

'Late Afternoon Light' 8x10 pastel
This was the view from our cabin at the Moulton Ranch in the Grand Teton National Park. Every morning the bison would parade past the ranch and sometimes they would wander back in the afternoon. They were grazing in the distance as I painted this so I put them in. I do need to paint some close-up views of the bison. They were awesome!
This painting as well as my other plein air paintings from Jackson are available on sale for $45 for 5x7's and $75 for the 8x10's. Click on the SALE tab at the top of the page to see all of the paintings.


1 comment:

Joan Breckwoldt said...

Lucky you! You have a wonderful sense of color, I enjoy looking at your paintings.
Joan