2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Flowers from my Imagination

'Dreamscape' 8x10 pastel
This painting was done from my imagination....well I don't know if that is entirely true. I didn't look at a reference photo but it was based on a larger painting I had recently done for my Back to Basics class. If you would like to see the evolution of the painting you can visit my Class Blog. I originally painted these flowers yellow but decided I wanted them to be daisies. I used a liberal spray of fixative which allowed me to add the lights and also gave me some nice texture.

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Your flowers always inspire me ... they make me smile, Karen!

Karen said...

Thanks Marian. I appreciate it!

Colleen K Carrigan said...

Wonderful blooming 'imagination', I love your flowers and colorful backgrounds.