Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, September 04, 2010

Flowers from my Imagination

'Dreamscape' 8x10 pastel
This painting was done from my imagination....well I don't know if that is entirely true. I didn't look at a reference photo but it was based on a larger painting I had recently done for my Back to Basics class. If you would like to see the evolution of the painting you can visit my Class Blog. I originally painted these flowers yellow but decided I wanted them to be daisies. I used a liberal spray of fixative which allowed me to add the lights and also gave me some nice texture.

3 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Your flowers always inspire me ... they make me smile, Karen!

Karen said...

Thanks Marian. I appreciate it!

Colleen K Carrigan said...

Wonderful blooming 'imagination', I love your flowers and colorful backgrounds.