Thursday, December 16, 2010
Power Poppies...monotyes and pastel
I have been having so much fun with these monotypes. For these poppies I used water mixable oils paints on a glass plate. They are hand printed. The bottom photo shows them in order. For the first print on the left there is no addition of pastel. For the second print I added more paint to the plate and changed the flowers a bit. The third print is the 'ghost print ' from the second version. That one printed much lighter and so I used it as a base for adding pastel. This was different from my previous prints because I used color on the plate rather than just black ink. I am getting more adventurous!