Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Back from the Caribbean...plein air studies


'Charlotte Amalie I' 5x7 pastel (top)
'Charlotte Amalie II' 5x7 pastel

I am home from a wonderful cruise to the Caribbean. We picked the best time to go missing all of the mess of the Atlanta snow storm. We had warm sunny days every day and I was able to do 75 paintings! OK so 70 of them were only 2.5x3.5 inches each but in doing them I had to make 70 different compositions and color choices. I know that some will definitely be studies for larger paintings....so it was a great way to spend my time on a lounge chair! The two paintings I am sharing today were done from the deck of the ship as we were docked in St. Thomas USVI. They were done on Wallis Belgian Mist paper with a selection of Great American pastels.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $95 USD
Or, send me an email

7 comments:

Karen Bruson said...

What a great way to spend your week! Looking forward to seeing more.

Jo Castillo said...

What a wonderful week! Lovely little paintings, too.

Mariela said...

WELCOME BACK!!!
We are waiting for you in the sketchbooks... very nice paintings, I suppose that your sketches for the "tropical theme" will be marvelous!!!!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! What a glorious way to spend time painting. Isn't it amazing and gratifying that what do as professionals we do in our "spare time" as well. Life is good.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home! What a glorious way to spend time painting. Isn't it amazing and gratifying that what do as professionals we do in our "spare time" as well. Life is good.

Carmen Beecher said...

Beautiful paintings. You captured the beauty of the islands perfectly.

Debbi Smith Rourke said...

Love your paintings - your subjects and your style.