Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day ...Chocolate Covered Strawberries

'Temptation' 8x8 pastel
After I painted these chocolate covered strawberries from an old photo I had I got a craving for the real thing. I am going to treat myself to a batch of them for Valentine's Day. Yum! I actually painted these as a demo for my Back to Basic's class. I wanted to show them how to paint chocolate without using a 'brown' pastel. I used purple, red, green and blue with a touch of dark orange. I love layering colors with pastels!

6 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

YUMMMMM... this is absolutely wonderful!!!

Pam Holnback said...

Great composition. Beautiful colors!

Kim Blair said...

Very yummy looking, nice mark making!
Kim

pattrsnd said...

Yummy work Karen!

Karen said...

Thanks for the great comments. I had to go make some real chocolate strawberries!

Vanessa said...

Looking good! I love the mix of colour in the chocolate!