2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Monday, February 14, 2011

Blue Ridge Mountains 11x14 pastel

'Mountain Haze' 11x14 pastel
Today's painting is based on a photo I took a few years ago at a plein air workshop with Marsha Savage. It was my very first workshop and I fell in love with painting outdoors with pastels. I don't do it often enough. I have some plein air outing planned for the Spring and I have an last minute opportunity to go to the beach this weekend so I will be bringing my pastels and painting on the beach! It is supposed to be 75 and sunny! This painting is on Wallis Belgian Mist paper.

4 comments:

Cindy Michaud said...

Lovely...and one of my favorite locales. I paint outdoors if someone kicks me out the door. If you find yourself in western NC give me a heads up and I'll go outside with you!

Karen said...

Thanks Cindy. I would love to paint with you. I get up to Murphy NC a lot as my parents live there.

Eden Compton said...

Beautiful colors in this Karen!

Marcia Chambers said...

Thank you for sharing your lovely painting