2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Friday, February 11, 2011

How About Some Cake...Coconut Cake Painting

'How About Some Cake' 8x10 pastel
Today I had a monotype marathon going on in my studio. I did 15 prints and experimented with both block printing inks and Createx Monotype colors. I did both wet and dry transfers and both additive and subtractive prints....all using the same subject. My goal was to get better acquainted with my tools so I know what kind of results I can get. I will put them all together in a photo album so you can see my results. I think my favorite was my last print which was of some water lilies. I had a great time!
Today's painting: a piece of coconut cake done on LaCarte pastel card.

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

Looks so yummy!! Nicely done Karen, especialy the frosting.