2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Monday, February 21, 2011

Pink Poppies 9x9 acrylic

'Pink Poppies' 9x9 acrylic on gallery wrapped canvas
I have been working on some acrylic paintings the past few days. It feels strange to use a brush and mix colors but with each painting it is getting more familiar. I just need to make time for practice. This one is on gallery wrapped canvas. I do like the idea that I don't need to fuss with frames and glass but pastels truly do make it worth the fuss. To me there is nothing more beautiful than pastel!

6 comments:

Colleen K Carrigan said...

Lovely Poppies, Karen - you have captured a beautiful 'Spring Feeling'. Colleen

Mariela said...

Ι can understand your passion for pastels, but your acrylic is very good as well. Nice bright colors!!

Teri said...

Congrats on being a finalist is the IAPS Poster Competition!! Really cool!

Karen said...

Thank you Colleen!

Karen said...

Thanks Mariela. It just feels strange painting with a brush!

Karen said...

Thanks Teri! I am thrilled to be a finalist!