Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, March 09, 2011

Lone Tree Study 5x7 pastel

'Lone Tree Study' 5x7 pastel
Another study today done on Canson paper. This is another California tree. I had so much fun taking pictures of the trees out there. They had the most wonderful shapes! I am also gearing up for my next mini workshop on painting the Moody landscape on March 27th. We will be learning ways to paint fog, mist and the moody atmosphere. I have a couple of spots left so email me at kemstudios@yahoo.com if you are interested in joining us.

2 comments:

Sara Mathewson said...

I'm really loving your paintings on canson. It is so true that it is not a good paper to start on but once you learn your way and can paint deliberately with fewer layers it gives great results. At least from other peoples paintings. It makes me want to give it another try and see if I'm "ready" for it! there are several pastelists I admire that paint on canson and i'm adding you to the list. Desmond O'Hagen is one and so is Mike Beeman! Oh and D. Gray on FB. They all do stunning work on it. I guess my biggest concern though is the lightfast issue with it.

that said I wish I lived close enough to take that workshop with you or your classes! Love your work Karen keep 'em coming!!

Karen said...

Thank you so much Sara! I wished you lived closer too. Maybe someday I will be in your area! I bet you are ready to try the Canson again. The students in my class have been really surprised at what they have been able to do. If I do paint more on canson I would prefer to stay with the Moonstone color though.
Thanks again for your comments!