2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Friday, March 25, 2011

Misty Landscape....A walk in the Mist

'A Walk in the Mist' 8x10 pastel
I am having fun exploring atmospheric conditions such as fog and mist with pastels. I love the moody quality these conditions create. Whenever I travel I like to stay in a place for a few days with the hope that I can experience a clear sunny day and a moody day. It is amazing how different the landscape can look in these different conditions. I want to be able to capture all of the moods of the landscape and so I keep practicing!

2 comments:

Pia said...

I love the mood of this painting - and your photo beguiles the size. I simply can't believe it is just 8x10. It FEELS so much more encompassing. I am always amazed at how lighting can change a place and I agree with you about spending a couple of days in one place, because fog, sun, and darkness will always show you different aspects of the landscape.

Julie Hill said...

Karen..what a lovely piece.