Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, March 25, 2011

Misty Landscape....A walk in the Mist

'A Walk in the Mist' 8x10 pastel
I am having fun exploring atmospheric conditions such as fog and mist with pastels. I love the moody quality these conditions create. Whenever I travel I like to stay in a place for a few days with the hope that I can experience a clear sunny day and a moody day. It is amazing how different the landscape can look in these different conditions. I want to be able to capture all of the moods of the landscape and so I keep practicing!

2 comments:

Pia said...

I love the mood of this painting - and your photo beguiles the size. I simply can't believe it is just 8x10. It FEELS so much more encompassing. I am always amazed at how lighting can change a place and I agree with you about spending a couple of days in one place, because fog, sun, and darkness will always show you different aspects of the landscape.

Anonymous said...

Karen..what a lovely piece.