Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Summer Day on Nantucket

'Summer Day on Nantucket' 8x10 pastel
This is Sanford Farm on Nantucket Island. We took a nice long walk one summer afternoon and luckily I took plenty of photos. It must be a popular place to walk your dog because it seems we were the only ones without one! I love the rolling hills and the beautiful colors in the grasses. I used the analogous color wheel to help me choose a different color palette for this painting. We will be talking about using this color wheel tonight in my basic class. We will be doing some small abstracts so we can play with new colors! It should be fun.

2 comments:

Dottie Hoeschen said...

Lovely work!
I am inspired.

Karen said...

Thank you Dottie! I am glad you have visited my blog!