Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cape Cod Sunset Pastel with Abstract Color Study


'Summer Dreams II' 8x10 pastel (top)
'Summer Dreams I' 6x6 pastel (bottom)
I remember this wonderful sunset we experienced one summer on Cape Cod. We were sitting on a bench watching people walk with their dogs and watching the sky turn pink. Two couples arrived and set up a folding picnic table complete with table cloth and flowers. Then out came the wine and two boxes of pizza. The perfect way to watch the sun set! For this painting I was working on trying out new color palettes and so I used my Analagous color wheel to choose a color scheme and them I did an abstract color study based on my reference photo. That was a fun exercise!

No comments: