2018 Workshop Details Coming Soon! click here
Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction

Wednesday, April 06, 2011

My Entry for the Daily Paintworks Challenge

'Around the Bend' 6x6 pastel
I thought it would be fun to enter this week's Daily Paintworks Challenge. I liked the two photos that were posted. I especially liked the shadows and sunlight in this one. I did a quick underpainting with oranges and pinks with nupastels and then blocked in my shapes with softer pastels. I tried to stop before I got too fussy with details. Here is the link for the other entries in the challenge. That was fun! I also worked on some more raven paintings that I will be posting in the next few days.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $95 USD
Or, send me an email

2 comments:

Catherine Jeffrey said...

Beautiful! Nice shadow coloring on the road. Always love your work.

hmuxo said...

love the colors you used..nice painting!!