Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, April 05, 2011

A New Raven Painting

'Raven's Call' 8x10 pastel
This raven was calling me to paint him today. I am in the middle of a wildflower painting but sometimes you have to put things aside and just answer the call! The model raven for this painting is our parking area friend we came across in Grand Teton National Park last summer. He really knew how to pose for our many photos! This painting is on Wallis Belgian Mist which I really enjoy when I don't choose to do an underpainting.

5 comments:

Liesl said...

Hi Karen, I've been enjoying your blog for some time. I really like this raven painting... love the colors.
Was at the Grand Canyon National Park last week and saw lots of ravens - they are very mysterious and full of personality which makes them fun to draw and paint.

Donna T said...

I'm glad I took the time to cruise through your blog today, Karen. I always admire your work so much and how exciting to learn that you are now Karen PSA! Congratulations!!!

Kelly said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! I love these birds, and I love the energy you've created around this fellow.

Claudia Hammer a Painting a day said...

I love this bird! He has so much character! Love the color and exciting strokes of pastel.

Frank Zweegers said...

Beautiful job, indeed.