Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, April 04, 2011

Triadic Color Scheme Studies


'Surfside Beach View' 5x7 pastel
This week we will be working on Triadic color schemes in my back to basics class. I did a few studies using four Triadic color schemes. Triadic schemes use three colors that are spaced equally on the color wheel. One of the most popular triadic color schemes and my favorite is Orange, Violet and Green. It is a wonderful scheme to use in the landscape and since they are mixed from the primary colors a natural harmony is already there.
I have finally had the chance to start on a larger wildflower painting that is just for me! I did an underpainting with gouache and will hopefully get to work on it some more tomorrow.

No comments: