Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Nantucket Landscape Pastel

'Island Stroll' 8x10 pastel
I never get tired of painting from my Nantucket photos. I love everything about the island from the sea to the moors. I was hoping to visit my cousin this July but we had to reschedule the trip. We will plan a bigger and better New England trip for next year! This painting is done on Canson paper with the first layer blended. Today I did another Nantucket landscape with similar colors but on Uart paper. I will post it tomorrow so you can see the difference. I really enjoy both surfaces.
*Tomorrow night's pastel class is focused on painting the sky and clouds. Let me know if you wish to join us!*

SUMMER SPECIAL DEMO PRICE!
Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $75 USD plus $5 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

1 comment:

Marian Fortunati said...

I love the way you've left out all detail in the field but it conveys the feeling of grasses .... then I love the flowers floating in the breeze in the foreground.

All of that isn't easy to do!! -Especially as well as you do it.