Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, August 15, 2011

White Water Lily on Black Paper

'White on Black' 9x12 pastel
I am experimenting this week with using black....black surfaces and black pastels. I was reading an old art magazine and saw an article about a pastel artist who uses black in the underpainting. It got me thinking about black and how we hear how we shouldn't use black...it is a dead color. And yet this artist's paintings were beautiful! How could I learn to use black to my advantage? I already know that painting on black can make a dramatic painting with colors that pop. My friend Jayne does wonderful work on black paper. Si for class this week we will talk about what I have discovered and have fun using black! This water lily is on black Canson paper.

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $145 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: