Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, October 14, 2011

Autumn Color Pastel Landscape Painting 11x14 SOLD

'Hillside Color' 11x14 pastel
I spend the day cleaning and organizing my studio and made some great progress. I came across this painting from last Fall. I am excited about the rest of the month which gives me a couple of opportunities to get outside and paint. I still have more work to do in the outer studio room but at least now I can walk through it. I am fortunate to have 2 rooms (one large) and a screened in porch all for me and my art! I paint in the big room where I also have my students paint. I am devoting the outer room to storage. I am trying to make it inviting for visitors to view my work as well and it being a place to store finished paintings. I will take some photos when I am finished.

3 comments:

Rita Kirkman Daily Paintings and Art Journal said...

I've been following your blog, Karen, and I'm really enjoying seeing and studying your bold, intuitive style! I love this one, especially the way you're able to make an 11x14 look like a 4x5 (or what would be a 4x5 in my tight style! lol)
I also love your color sense and simple but strong compositions!
Thanks for posting every day. I look forward to the visual treat.

Kiri said...

i like the colours in this.

Karen said...

Hi Rita,
Thanks for following my blog and for writing! I appreciate knowing that you are enjoying my work. It it so encouraging to keep at it!
Thanks again,
Karen