Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Painting from a Plein Air Study


'Wishful Thinking' (top) 8x10 pastel
field study 5x7 (bottom)
One of the things that I have been wanting to do is paint from the plein air studies I have done on my travels. It was one of the things Richard McKinley suggested I try when I was at his workshop last fall. I put aside all of my studies but haven't had the chance to take them out and paint from them. So today I decided to give it a try. The bottom photo shows my field study of a cluster of dandelion seed heads. I was actually sitting on the ground painting them on location. For the studio version (top) I did a watercolor underpainting which helped me keep them loose and dreamy. That was fun!

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $145 USD
Or, send me an email

No comments: