Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, November 18, 2011

Cardinal Pastel Study 8x10

'Red Bird' 8x10 pastel
I haven't painted any birds in a long time so earlier this week I pulled out my bird photos and this one caught my eye. I really enjoy painting birds...really any animal. But birds have such personalities. I did this as a study on Canson moonstone paper. I also painted a seagull which I will share tomorrow.
I am all ready for the Open Studio Tour. I have a few paintings on my easels to work on and I have set out my big set of pastels so visitors can see how I work. I've cleaned up but it is still very much my working studio. I have heard that visitors want to see an artist's studio how it really is and not a perfect sterilized version. I welcome my local friends to come by, visit and pick up a map for the other open studios on the tour!

No comments: