Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Monday, December 12, 2011

Carolina Coast Marsh 5x7 pastel SOLD

'Magic on the Marsh' 5x7 pastel
This is the second version of this scene that I tried. The first one had more detail and for this one I tried to minimize all of the grasses and just put in a few. I would like to continue this series with a couple more paintings with each one getting increasingly more abstracted. I used a peach color Pastelmat paper for this painting. I really enjoy working on Pastelmat and ordered some white to see what I can do woth some underpaintings. I will keep you posted on my results. If you use Pastelmat do you like it? What is your favorite color?


1 comment:

Linda Stilin said...

Absolutely FABULOUS! Just beautiful, Karen - I LOVE YOUR WORK!!