Visit my Patreon Page for more painting instruction and Paint Along Videos!

Friday, December 02, 2011

Hunting Island South Carolina Marsh View SOLD

'Hunting Island Marsh' 8x10 pastel
Taking a break from my big daisy paintings to post this South Carolina marsh done as this week's class demo. We talked about foregrounds this week and tried to remember that less is more. Sometimes we want to put in all the grasses we see in the foreground especially when working from photos. I try to remember I am interpreting the photo and that I should leave a bit of mystery in the foreground. I don't want to create a barrier with a row of marsh grasses.


2 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Good advice... Sure wish I could remember and apply it regularly!

Karen said...

I know! It is so easy to get carried away! I try to remember 'less is more'!